Monday, November 29, 2010

New York, New York

Holy smokes! It's been a busy week and will continue to be. I am so excited for the KCVI Charity Auction that kicked off on Friday. There will be many more items listed today, so please go to www.kcvocalinstitute.com/auction or Click Here to see all the current auctions on eBay.

Also, Dusti and I hosted Thanksgiving, which went very well.  All the food turned out great and we always love company.  I feel bad for my parents because their fridge broke the day before Thanksgiving and they were hosting my Dad's side of the family.  What timing!

Dusti and I are anxious to go to New York this week.  I have three auditions this week, one Thursday, one Friday, and one Saturday.  I will be sure to make daily updates - it might be late at night by the time they're online, but I will be sure to let you know how it goes, so please come back to see what happens.

I also have a concert tomorrow night.  It is the "Harvesters" concert - a Christmas concert of sorts - that the Conservatory Singers will be singing in.  It sounds like it will be a big event, and the information is listed below.  So if you are in the area, please come - and we get to sing carols in a congregation setting! (who doesn't love that?)

I also have some good news too!  In the midst of all the Thanksgiving hoopla, I actually completed a lot of homework.  Thank you, coffee.

And I have some bad news, obviously K-State lost on Tuesday to #1 Duke, but on the good side, I was able to see some friends from Manhattan while they were in town for the game.  I had a great time talking to them and catching up.  Also, Wichita Grand Opera did not cast me in their opera in February.  They gave the role to someone in their own company.  There is a good side to this, in that if they are ever in a pickle, they have my number.

Please don't forget to bid in the charity auction.  All the proceeds will go towards free music education for Kansas City children and families.  These will make great Christmas gifts.  Information on "how to bid" can be found at www.kcvocalinstitute.com/auction.  And a special thank you to my mom - she is the eBay mastermind and helped me out so much with the auction.  Love you mom!

With one week to go until the big Monteverdi concert, this week's weird and ancient instrument is (and I love the name) the Rackett






Current Audition Info & Results
Missouri NATS - October 30-31 - 2nd Place Advanced Division
Santa Fe Opera - applied 9/16 - not invited 10/22
Chautauqua Opera (New York) - applied 10/5 - invited 10/22
Wolf Trap Opera (Washington D.C.) - applied 10/8 - not invited 10/18
National Opera Association Competition (San Antonio) - applied 10/12
Crested Butte Opera (Colorado) - applied 10/12 - invited 11/19
Sugar Creek Symphony (Chicago) - applied 10/12 - invited 11/19
Shreveport Opera Competition - applied 10/12
Symphony in the Valley (Colorado) - applied 10/13
Ash Lawn Opera (near Washington D.C.) - applied 10/13

Upcoming concerts:
November 30, 2010 - Harvesters Christmas Concert - Atonement Lutheran Church
December 2, 2010 - Chautauqua Opera Auditions - New York City, NY
December 3, 2010 - Crested Butte Opera Auditions - New York City, NY
December 4, 2010 - Sugar Creek Symphony and Song Auditions - New York City, NY
December 7, 2010 - Featured Soloist - Monteverdi Vespers (400th Anniversary Concert) - Visitation Catholic Church -  Kansas City, MO - 7:30pm
December 12, 2010 - Tenor Soloist - Messiah by Handel - Centennial United Methodist Church - Kansas City, MO - 4:00pm
December 15, 2010 - Voice Juries - UMKC Conservatory
March 17-20, 2011 - Don Giovanni by Mozart - Don Ottavio - White Recital Hall
April 23, 2011 - Gloria by Poulenc - White Recital Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

OLYMPIC CEREMONY DATABASE: Every Summer and Winter Olympic Opening Ceremony

The opening ceremony of the Olympic Games may be the largest art form in the modern world and certainly one of the rarest.  I provided all ...