Thursday, June 11, 2009

New York Trip Day 0

Well, it's off to see the world, or New York that is. I am very excited and nervous to see what tomorrow might bring. I have everything packed; I feel overprepared, and I am sure I will learn that I could not have prepared enough for this, but it is the day before and I can not do much more now. I have all the important items: phone, computer, ibuprofen, wallet, and I need to remember to pack my flight itinerary.

In case you do not know what I am doing, I am an aspiring opera singer (tenor) from Kansas. I currently am at Kansas State University trying to complete my Master's of Music in Vocal and Conducting Performance. This summer I am attending Westchester Summer Vocal Institute in New York City.

I pretty much was thrown into this Institute, without knowing too much about it. I am very excited to be around other singers, pre-professional and professional, which I have really needed this last year. But going into this, I am really trying to find out where exactly I fit in the world of opera. I am only 24, so I have quite a while to go, but was accepted to a very select Institute in New York, and I am very excited to listen to the other singers and hear what the top professionals in the opera world have to say about my voice.

I will let you know the good, the bad, and the ugly as I test the waters of the professional world in the Big Apple.

Tomorrow's Schedule: Friday 6-12

wake up at - 2:45a
leave KC - 6:30a
arrive in NY - 10:30a
register - 3:30p
meeting - 5:30p
"Death by Aria" Recital - 7:00p (I will be performing "Lenski's Aria" from Eugene Onegin by Tchaikovsky)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Bryan, and have a safe trip. We are so excited for you and know that you will have an experience of a lifetime. I'd tell you to "break a leg", but with the luck I've been having lately with both of mine, I don't think that's a very good idea!

    Take care and I can't wait to read the updates!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma here. I"m trying to figure this out, I did get my shadow picture entered - now I need to figure out how to comment. By the time you get home maybe I'll have it figured out. Have a wonderful time and we'll be anxious to hear all about it. Don't take too much ibprofin - it will damage your stomach - just when you need it. Thats all grandma's advice for now.

    love you, gma

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

OLYMPIC CEREMONY DATABASE: Every Summer and Winter Olympic Opening Ceremony

The opening ceremony of the Olympic Games may be the largest art form in the modern world and certainly one of the rarest.  I provided all ...