Monday, August 15, 2011

A Childhood Dream (censored)

Oops!  I just got note that some of the material that I mentioned in the post tonight is supposed to be confidential. Unfortunately I will have to wait until after September 16 to re-post this blog entry.  I have an incredibly exciting evening planned for that night here in Kansas City.  Beyond that, I can't even say really what I will be doing.  Unfortunately you will have to survive on excerpts from the post and I will have to censor the rest.  I hope you don't find the censoring to be too obnoxious, I'm just very excited.  I'm only sad that I cannot express my excitement with everyone...yet.

----------

Growing up, I was always captivated by the grandiose productions of the Olympics, the Three Tenors specials on PBS, and even the high school marching band.  In these I dreamt dreams and felt feeling that led me to forget the world and live within an imagined box of extremes.  I shot the game winning basketball shot in the NCAA finals, I sank an eagle putt to win the US Open, and I had an awesome police car and chased down bank robbers.

But as I got older, the realization never really came, that my impossible dreams were just of my mind and couldn't actually happen.  Of course I knew failure very well.  Even though I wasn't the best basketball player didn't mean that I couldn't live the excitement of sinking the game-winning shot in my head.  The dream that I could be like Pavarotti or be like Tiger Woods always was possible to me.  And in a way, when I would get great opportunities later in life, my reaction to them was always more muted than what I imagined as a kid.  So I stuck to my imagination - it was much more exciting than the glories of the real world.

I had a childhood infatuation with marching bands - the power, the militaristic uniformity, the emotion from the music.  In high school, I auditioned to be the drum major (I didn't get it).  But, as a small kid, if given that opportunity, I would have made that as important as life itself.  As a child, if I had known that I could be the high school drum major, I would be proud and nervous and excited that I had a future capable of something so great.  I tend to forget the simple enthusiasm.  I forget that I have had many accomplishments and projects that I should give the full joy of my youth - even to the things as simple as auditioning for the high school band drum major.

Recently, a bit of news, an opportunity, arose that caused a flood of these childhood emotions of pride, nervousness, excitement.  I don't believe I ever said "yes" but instead I said that I was "horribly excited" for the opportunity.  Of course I meant "yes", but it never came out that way.

(CENSORED - pictures, video, information, all of which I unfortunately cannot divulge at the moment)

This is an amazing opportunity, that I will not waste, and I will live it with the passion of my childhood.  Who knows what the future holds, but as for right now, I am so excited to live in the moment - just like a kid.

(More Censored Material - will be made available after 9/16)



Wikio - Top Blogs - Classical musicArts Blogs
blog directory Paperblog
Search Optimization, Search Marketing
Total Blog DirectoryBlog Directoryblog search directorylink directory Music
blekning hemmaMusic blogs
barcelona faktaMusic Blogs DirectoryTheater Blogs
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory. Bryan Pinkalls World of Opera - BloggedWeb DirectoryBlog DirectoryGlobe of BlogsBlog Directory
Blog DirectoryBlog DirectoryMusic Blogs - Blog RankingsMusic Blogs
Music onlineBlogCatalog Top Blogs Music blogs
fakta om eiffeltornet
Search Optimization
http://www.topbloglists.com/images/noimage.png MF6T9UQSFJ4H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

OLYMPIC CEREMONY DATABASE: Every Summer and Winter Olympic Opening Ceremony

The opening ceremony of the Olympic Games may be the largest art form in the modern world and certainly one of the rarest.  I provided all ...